Started Cranberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banana powder huh stvr, Ive never heard of this. Sounds like a good idea.

pkcook said:
Cajun,

That will be some fine wine! I've been told that cranberry wine will make a wine the closest to a grape wine of any fruit. I sweetened mine up a bit and I must say it is very close to grape, but still has a difference.

I love the marble method!

Cranny is great, but IMHO, Blueberry is the closest to a grapeFrench Burgundy, especially when made from Wild Blueberries.

wade said:
Banana powder huh stvr, Ive never heard of this. Sounds like a good idea.

Yup! I've been adding banana powder to several fruit musts lately. It adds body and smooths out the complex tastes and rough edges. It quickens thedrinkability time down by several months I find.The glycerine does the same, but I use both. Banana adds some taste of its own, like vanilla notes.

Stvr, where do you buy the banana powder? I never heard of it. I will be making an orange wine soon and sounds like a good thing to try.

CajunTim said:
Stvr, where do you buy the banana powder? I never heard of it. I will be making an orange wine soon and sounds like a good thing to try.

I have a full line wine/beer supply store in my local area. You should be able to get it at any similar well stockedvendor. I've seen on the Net from on-line suppliers, but I haven't gone that route. You might want to Google it if you can'tfind it locally.

Good luck.

CajunTim said:
I just racked my Cranberry off the lees yesterday. Had a little more then a Gallon so I put the rest in a bottle and used the marble method to top it up.

I really like the marble idea, but the possibility of contamination increases here somewhat is my only concern. My approach FWIW, is to use a similar or complimentary fruit juice to top-up a carboy. I only add a fruit juice IF the must is STILL fermenting or bubbles are appearing.

Apple is a great neutral white topper to use on almost anything light colouredand grape or cranberry for darker berry wines.

Latest posts

Back