WineXpert Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Unwooded Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winesnob

Reaction score
I bottled this on Saturday night after having it bulk age for 5 months. I had about 500ml left over so I put it in the fridge for a hour. I must say that I am EXTREMELY pleased with this wine.
smiley32.gif
I had a great fruity and floral nose, and a great chardonnay fruit with nice acidity in the mouth. It did taste young, but was very well balanced. I wouldn't change a thing!!! The clarity and the color was very nice. My wife was drinking a the Little Penuin chardonnay my kit wine had a deeper color and was just as clear.

I would highly recommend this for anybody who likes a Burgundy style chardonnay. After the holiday's I'm going to buy more!!!

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. I really like some of the unoaked chardonnays that are available. After trying so many that are heavy with oak, some of the unoaked chards really seem light and crisp - delightful to drink!

Funky Fish said:
Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. I really like some of the unoaked chardonnays that are available. After trying so many that are heavy with oak, some of the unoaked chards really seem light and crisp - delightful to drink!
Funky, this is crisp, but not light. It is more medium to full bodied. I can't wait to see what 6 months in the bottle does for it. I bottled 1 case of 750ml and the rest in 1.5 liter bottles. I wish now that I had bottle more in the 750ml bottle as this will not be one of the "party wines". It's too good to be a party wine.

Here is a picture of the label to be put on the Chardonnay. It's a picture of our dog.

20061220_103453_Golden_Chard.jpg

Great label! You inspired me to do that kit -- I posted a pic on the "need member photos" on the "forum member photos" of the yeast pitching moment!

Latest posts

Back