Sky Diving

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone do it? We are considering getting a group together in the near future, possibly July 7th in the am, to go. I've always wanted to give it a try and both my son's want to jump. We are considering a tandem jump which will only be $239.

Let me know your experiences if you've done it.

After watching that video a few weeks ago of the 80yr old grandma from CA who almost fell out of the harness with her jump person NO THANK YOU!!!!! :)

this might be a silly question.....but....WHY JUMP OUT OF A PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANE IN THE FIRST PLACE???....:)

I did a tandem jump last year. I loved it immediately starting plotting to get a license. After a few weeks the adrenaline wore off and the cost and time commitment just don't work for me now with a young family. Should have done it when I was younger I do plan to jump again. For a bit more you can take a ground school class and jump so with student gear on that opens automatically at a certain alt. they also send TWO instructors with you to freefall next to you I case you have an issue. Tandem jumps are cool but I want to experience it NOT strapped to someone else. Call me an individualist!

Use to jump all the time.We have these guys in Washington called Airborn Rangers and they are a blast to hang with at an airport. It does seemed to cost more than a cocaine habit. But the rush is great. Do it!!!!! You will always have a good story to tell.

I did a tandem jump last year. I loved it immediately starting plotting to get a license. After a few weeks the adrenaline wore off and the cost and time commitment just don't work for me now with a young family. Should have done it when I was younger I do plan to jump again. For a bit more you can take a ground school class and jump so with student gear on that opens automatically at a certain alt. they also send TWO instructors with you to freefall next to you I case you have an issue. Tandem jumps are cool but I want to experience it NOT strapped to someone else. Call me an individualist!

Use to jump all the time.We have these guys in Washington called Airborn Rangers and they are a blast to hang with at an airport. It does seemed to cost more than a cocaine habit. But the rush is great. Do it!!!!! You will always have a good story to tell.

We considered the instructor assited free fall, however for the first jump we decided on tandem. I just have to hear back from everyone and confirm the date so I can call and schedule the jump.

First time I jumped they weren't doing tandem. Instructor assisted was " Jump now"

Did it once with my kids about 10 years ago (solo) and it was quite an experience - the absolute silence was incredible. My daughter went on to do a lot of paragliding around the world and I want to try that but it hasn't worked out yet.
You're gonna love it!

So what is wrong with bungy jumping? Sky diving is better, paragliding beats them all. I'm guessing you all don't drive over 120 very often either.

Did it for a few years in my early 20's. Loved it and still miss it after almost 20 years. I started with the free fall. It was about a hundred bucks more at the time and training was about 8 hours instead of 15 minutes. I'm glad I did it that way, as I was instantly hooked and wanted to keep going with it. But I'd recommend a tandem for most people. Smaller investment in time and money, and I imagine most do one and that's it. Don't bother with static line. A waste of time, in my humble opinion.

Would love to try hang gliding or paragliding.

I wanted to skydive back when I was invincible then I grew up after 2 near death
experiences and 1 out of body experience. they tend change your whole prospective.

Did it for a few years in my early 20's. Loved it and still miss it after almost 20 years. I started with the free fall. It was about a hundred bucks more at the time and training was about 8 hours instead of 15 minutes. I'm glad I did it that way, as I was instantly hooked and wanted to keep going with it. But I'd recommend a tandem for most people. Smaller investment in time and money, and I imagine most do one and that's it. Don't bother with static line. A waste of time, in my humble opinion.

Would love to try hang gliding or paragliding.
Come west, we go off Red Mountain, about 5 miles from my house

Did a few hundred jumps with a bunch of other short haired guys all dressed in green .

Then 22 years later I tried paraglideing in Switzerland . Hands down the best time ever .

Highly recommended .

Latest posts

Back