Skeeter Pee into Dragon blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billdean

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 6 gallons of SP waiting to be bottled. It has been sulfited and back sweetened. The question I have is can I turn my six gallons of SP into Dragon Blood at this point? What would happen if I would stuff in a bag of 3 berry fruit mix? Would it need to be fermented again? The only reason for this is I already have 3 cases of SP.

Did you ever try this? I added small quantities of brewers best pomegranate with good success to some of my bottles.

@Billdean It's your wine - you can blend it with whatever you want!

If you added sorbate and kmeta, I doubt the fermentation would kick off again.

I would recommend bench testing to make sure it tastes good to you, before mixing the whole batch with something and then finding out you don't like it.

It probably won't taste the same as if you had fermented it with the fruit, and you may need to let it sit to clear again for a couple of months (if you care about it being clear). But it could be delicious!

Another option would be to ferment a berry wine separately and then mix the 2 completed wines. Again, bench test to find the ratio of blend you like best, then mix the bulk together in that ratio.

A few brewtubers have done experiments on adding fruit at different points in fermentation. Fermenter fruit tastes a bit different than unfermented fruit, for many it is a tasty option.

A few brewtubers have done experiments on adding fruit at different points in fermentation. Fermenter fruit tastes a bit different than unfermented fruit, for many it is a tasty option.
You can add some fruit in primary, and add more of the same fruit in secondary. Each will contribute a different type of flavor.

Latest posts

Back