Silly 1 gallon question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn

Reaction score
I've been making wine since March of this year. Currently I have a hoho merlot, A five gal of dragons blood ( sigh it should have been 6 but I got confused while racking) that just got sweetened yesterday. A 5 gallon of Skeeter P that got cleared yesterday, and 2 6 gallons of beer. I have made about five other kits since March. I feel like I am probably ready to start experimenting with one gallons. Now my main issue here is I don't know how you make a 1 gallon batch in a primary do you just use a 5 gallon or 6 gallon primary?

Yup, that would be one way.

What I have done is go to Walmart bakery section and ask for their icing buckets when they are empty. These buckets have a 2 gallon volume and come with a snap on lid. Perfect for primary fermentation.

Any Home Depot, lowes or Big Box home improvement store will have various size buckets in their paint dept.
Just make sure they are food grade.

(they also have measuring cups and buckets as well)

I do as Mike mentioned except the ones I got were 3 gal. capacity. This allows me to do 2 gal. batches also.

I got some nice pails (11 litres, 3 US gallons) from restaurants that serve ice cream, such as the fish&chip take-out place around the corner from me that also sells ice cream cones. Get several pails&lids if you can, cause they are quite useful.

Steve

Latest posts

Back