Seneca Lake Wine Trail

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorosco

Reaction score
Well the wife and I are going on a Wine Trail tour Limo the whole nine yards.. Upstate NY Seneca Lake .. Has anyone ever done a Wine Tour?

seneca_lake_wine_trail_map.jpg

bmorosco - I have been to the Finger Lake region wine tasting a few years ago. Lakewood Vineyard on Seneca Lake has a Niagara wine that is really good. I would like Winexpert to have a kit wine for that style of wine. We toured the NY wineries on our own without a tour.In nothern Michigan we have wineries that have oragnized tours, with wines paired with food. You buy a ticket for the event and drive yourself to each winery. There used tojust be ten but now there are 12 or 13 on the tour. You can do it over two days. Some people do rent limos, etc. for large groups. Hope you have fun!!! Leelanau

Actually this tour is called Deck The Halls and there are 16 of us going .. You buy a ticket and you get food and tasting for 28 wineries around the lake there are more wineries than that around the lake but 28 participate..This is what is included...

<TABLE =contentpane>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>
<DIV align=left>2006 DECEMBER DECK THE HALLS WEEKEND(December 2-3, 2006)
Time: Saturday/Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ticket Prices: Tickets are limited.
$65/couples ticket (admits 2 people), DDs are $58/couple (one tasting wine/one non-taster).
$43/single ticket (admits 1 person) DDs are $36/single ticket.

This is our 15th annual Deck the Halls! Go to your assigned starting winery and begin a weekend of fun and festivities while sampling holiday wines and food tastings. The wineries are decorated for the holiday season. Over the two day weekend event, visit up to 28 wineries and enjoy a weekend of fun and relaxation.

EACH TICKET includes a grapevine wreath and recipe book at your starting winery, then enjoy decorating your Christmas wreath with a unique ornament from each winery you visit. EACH PERSON receives a food and wine pairing. Recipe book allows you to repeat the delectable combinations at home. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<!--
bluecoat_old_onload = .onload;
.onload = () {
if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {
try {
bluecoat_old_onload();
} catch (e) {
}
}
bluecoat_fixpopups();
};
//-->

I have never been on a tour there but I have tasted wines from that region. I interviewed for a job there in Binghamton a couple years ago and tried a few of the locals wines. Very good if I say so. I really wish that job would of worked out as it would of been nice to live in a premium wine region.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I have made my own tour to all the wineries in Ct. last year. There are
16 of them spread through out the state and we hit about six one
Saturday and my wife couldnt drink another drop. But in the next three
weeks we finished them all off. I couldny imagine going to 26 in one
day. Thats a lot of wine to be tasted.

I aws going to say, someone is going to be wasted. As for me, I cannot
bring myself to spit out wine, just seems to bew not very classy, not
that I'm a suit and tie kinda guy but you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back