Other Sauv Blanc Cali Connoisseur

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winehaus

Haus Leader
Reaction score
Just a curiosity post. I just started fermenting this kit and it involved a packet of toasted oak. I thought this was strange for this type of white but its not like I have a whole lot of experience in this hobby. I just really disliked oak on my Chardonnay's but learned it was because I only drank those in my cheap college budget. My mind has been changed on this by the way.

So my question is, can you all give me examples of oak used on other whites especially kits. This just seems to be an eye opening moment for me or a strange kit. Don't know which

First, it's normal for Vineco to include oak with their California Connoisseur and Ken Ridge Classic Sauvignon Blanc kits. My notes say 17g of toasted oak, but I haven't made one since 2007. Were I to make one today, I would leave the oak out, but that is my preference.

What other whites might be oaked? I don't know. But the title of your thread won't necessarily bring people who know to it.

Steve

Latest posts

Back