Sad Day for Croc Hunter Fans!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
I was shocked and saddened to hear Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray while filming a documentary off the Great Barrier reef.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1531446,00.html

His efforts and money poured into conservation and protection of animals hopefully will continue through his children.

When my boys were younger we would say "Uncle Steve" is on and they loved to watch his shows on Animal Planet.

Steve, Terri, Bindi and Bob

slide2_v.jpg
Edited by: masta

It is indeed sad about the Croc man. We've watched so many of his shows on a couple channels over the years that he seems like one of us. He'll be missed.

What a shame. My children and I have been watching his shows since they
were born. I can't believe the manor in which he was killed. I didnt
think there was an animal alive that could take this guy out. Hard to
believe it was such a docile animal and not some huge croc. or shark.
Figures ,when you let your guard down bwcause you dont expect it to be
as dangerous>

Hopefully when our time rolls around we will be as fortunate as Steve and go out doing the things we loved doing. Edited by: Waldo

Waldo: you are so correct my friend, when the"Boss" makes the call you can't put Him on hold.

Just proves that you must repect all life regardless............. I sure will miss watching his passion for wildlife.

Since I left NM and moved here to OH I haven't had cable so I've not watched him in a while. What a tragedy! I always thought he was nuts to handle snakes and the like. I feel like I've lost a good friend.
smiley6.gif

Waldo said:
Hopefully when our time rolls around we will be as fortunate as Steve and go out doing the things we loved doing.

Amen to that brother. Well said.

RIP Steve.

I had my youngest crying for most of the day over this. She loved his shows and just couldn't believe that a soft cuddly stingray (she's petted some at the Mall of America) could do such a thing.

He wasa good friend for conservation if not in a non-traditional way. It is easy to conserve (and get people to donate money to...) what are called "charismatic mega-fauna" -- bears, lions, wolves, tigers, etc.

WhileIrwin made things look dangerous and thus exciting, he also made a lot of children who are rarely exposed tolesser-known animals -- reptiles, crocs, amphibs, etc. -- react with wonder and excitement, rather than by horror, andsaying "Eewww!" or "Yuckk!" A friend sent this to me from the Hartford Currant:
20060906_190535_englehart.gif
Edited by: OilnH2O

That is truly an expressionof whatyou would imagine if such an animal could express itself in human terms. But, then again, what would we hear if we really could????
smiley34.gif
smiley37.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley28.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley33.gif
smiley27.gif

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Latest posts

Back