Saccharomyces uvarum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlFulchino

Winemaker of 30+ years
Reaction score
is Saccharomyces uvarum also known under some trade name? such as a Lalvin or other product?

Al, thank you for the education this morning. I went looking for an answer to your question and I learned a lot about Saccharomyces uvarum. However, I could find no trade name for this yeast. I now know that it is a bottom fermenting yeast used in creating lager style beer. I found several folks who sell lagering yeast, but none listed the strain of yeast in their product description.

Are you getting into beer production or are you looking for a cool fermenting yeast?

thats what happenned to me as well...got a bit of an education...have not found a source to purchase thus far....i would like to experiment with it on some wine..thanks for the attempt...it was admirable Admiral

Do you think that yeast that is specifically labeled for lagering could be this strain? Perhaps the manufacturers don't want to give away secrets regarding their yeasts. Many of the lagering yeasts are noted as producing widely varying tastes. Perhaps they all have as a parent Saccharomyces uvarum.

you may be right..i dont know......i had done some reading and its vague...but it has also been used for wine making....thought i might experiment

where are the beer people here? :)

Al Fulchino said:
you may be right..i dont know......i had done some reading and its vague...but it has also been used for wine making....thought i might experiment

where are the beer people here? :)

Give Brian at FVWs a call and he maybe able to help.

i looked on the FVW site..didnt see it..but i will call

updated - George pointed me to Scott Labs..listed under S6U...gonna call them

Latest posts

Back