run into a snap starting!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virgogirl

Reaction score
i just started making my kit and the SG is a little lower then it is soppost to be. hope that is that going to be ok .

but is it normal to have to wait to but the yest in my temp was pretty high when i got to this step, so i am just letting it came down? not sure if this happens alot to people i fallowed to step to a tea. ?

This is your Vinters Reserve white zin isn't it? What was your starting SG and what was the temperature of the must? As long as it gets below, say 85*F, you can add your yeast safely.
When you add the water to the juice at the start keep checking your temp as you add and then add hot or cold as needed to be at the right temp when you hit the 23 liter mark. Also make sure you stir the water and juice really hard because they just don't want to mix that easily. It's possible you have more water on the top part where you took the SG if it wasn't mixed well and this could give you a false low SG reading.

thank you for the tips. i have added the yest i waited til the temp went down to normal, i will deffently watch for that next time i do one. my starting SG was 1.072 not to to low.

A lot of times its because the must wadnt stirred enough or because a little too much water was added. I always add my water while watching the sg and try to add until Im in the midrange of recommended sg scale given.

Latest posts

Back