RJS Rosso Grande

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VJI324

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone know what varieties of grapes are used for this kit?
Anyone make this kit?

Anyone know what varieties of grapes are used for this kit?
Anyone make this kit?
We made it back in July of 2015. Not sure of the varietal blend but it's definitely Grande. So much so, that it took about three years of aging to be drinkable, at this point it just keeps getting better. Unfortunately due to a few too many early tastings, we only have 6 bottles left.

We made it back in July of 2015. Not sure of the varietal blend but it's definitely Grande. So much so, that it took about three years of aging to be drinkable, at this point it just keeps getting better. Unfortunately due to a few too many early tastings, we only have 6 bottles left.

Wow that sucks, don't know if I can wait that long, lol. Do you recall it having a funky smell? The taste is pretty good even though it's not even two months but i notice a funky smell that was apparent after fermentation.

Wow that sucks, don't know if I can wait that long, lol. Do you recall it having a funky smell? The taste is pretty good even though it's not even two months but i notice a funky smell that was apparent after fermentation.
I just remember it being too big and bold early on. This is rarely the case with kit wines although most take at least two years to really show their best traits.

I just remember it being too big and bold early on. This is rarely the case with kit wines although most take at least two years to really show their best traits.
Well pretty much all the CC showcase series share these traits. I have a carmenere that has been about a year, it was nice after 6 months...better now. I just bottled a showcase cab sav four months ago. I'm still waiting to crack a bottle, lol.

Latest posts

Back