Regina juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an email from Ron C. @ Consumer's Produce today which listed his California and Italian juice and grape prices. Arrival on juice will start the week of September 14th and grapes the following week. The California grapes come from Lodi, Amador and Suisun Valley. Evidently they didn't have any problem with grapes ripening there.

A questions if I may...
I ordered 4 buckets from Consumers also. Pick up the 24th.
Can you ferment this in the bucket it comes in or does it need to be larger?
Thanks

A questions if I may...
Thanks

By all means use the buckets that they arrive in and save them when you ar finished. Watch as you stir so your must doesn't overflow. My buckets from Premiere are usually filled near the rim.

I'm looking forward to receiving my juice. I'll need to pick up a couple carboys soon so that I can accomodate everything. My 6 gallon carboy will be filled with apple juice after next week.

I'm looking forward to receiving my juice. I'll need to pick up a couple carboys soon so that I can accomodate everything. My 6 gallon carboy will be filled with apple juice after next week.

Doug I have been e-mailing orchards around here for cider apple prices if you are interested. A lot less than Trax and Simmons Farms.

I'm waiting for a few more responces and I'll let you know who charges what.

I can make merlot cheaper than some of these apple prices.

A questions if I may...
Thanks
I dothat all the time. The trick is just LAY the lid on w/no airlock.
Alsays have some tarp under though.

Doug I have been e-mailing orchards around here for cider apple prices if you are interested. A lot less than Trax and Simmons Farms.

I'm waiting for a few more responces and I'll let you know who charges what.

I can make merlot cheaper than some of these apple prices.

I'll be getting pressed pre pasteurized juice from them. $3.00 per gallon is the price I was quoted. I can't buy the apples that cheap. I figured I'd get 7 gallons and make a 6 gallon batch and use the extra for an Fpac.

Let me know the prices you come up with. I may go juice and apples in separate batches so I can do a comparison.

I got some Regina today at Procacci's. He's loaded with grape and juice. :b

Just ordered 11 six gallon buckets. Chenin Blanc, J. Riesling, Pinot Grigio, 2 Cabernet Sauvignons, 2 Merlots, Pinot Noir, 2 Syrahs, Zinfandel.

They expect most to be in next week although some are not ready yet.

Tom I'll ask about the moths when I pick them up.

Just ordered 11 six gallon buckets. Chenin Blanc, J. Riesling, Pinot Grigio, 2 Cabernet Sauvignons, 2 Merlots, Pinot Noir, 2 Syrahs, Zinfandel.

They expect most to be in next week although some are not ready yet.

Tom I'll ask about the moths when I pick them up.

Well I ordered 4 of what you ordered. I'm looking forward to getting this.

Well I ordered 4 of what you ordered. I'm looking forward to getting this.

I'm always excited when I start a new batch and can't wait to bottle. Patience Patience Patience says Tom.

Figure what yeasts you need and get a few extra. Hate to be planning to start and missing your yeast packets.

I'm always excited when I start a new batch and can't wait to bottle. Patience Patience Patience says Tom.

Figure what yeasts you need and get a few extra. Hate to be planning to start and missing your yeast packets.

Yes stock up on yeast. I know I use alot of RC212 and Cote des Blancs. So, I have at least 10 of each (just in case). You never know when you will need/use it. Yeast is usually good for 2+ years so... Keep them in the fridge.

Yes you need to practice the 3 "P's" ! ... LOL

Just got a call from Consumers. My juice is in with the exception of my Chablis. It is due in Wed or Thursday so they are going to hold for me until then in the cooler.

Picked up my 9 pails of Regina (Cab) and Lodi Gold Syrah & Zin. on Sat. My basement smells GREAT! Life is good!

Mark

So you guys are buying 9, 10, 11 pails of this stuff...are you starting them all on the same night? Staggering them at 2 or 3 a day? how in the world do you manage 11 pails all at once?

LOL !
I do that all the time..as do many others.
This is the definition of OBSESSION

Back