Red kit recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axwilson18

Junior
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to wine making and have made three kits so far. I made an WE SI Argentine Malbec and a Chilean Pinot Noir as well as a WE White Zinfandel. I've learned that my biggest problem is keeping people from drinking my wine before its ready. Luckily, the white zinfandel doesn't need much aging so this is not the problem. The problem is that I can't seem to build up a supply of reds which is what everyone wants to drink. Can anybody suggest some dry red kits that may not require too much aging so I can let my anxious friends sample these while my other stuff ages?

All the WE reds are fairly early drinkers, except for the very few red kits that have a grape pack.

Some of the mist kits (summer wines) are very early drinkers, like two months after they start fermentation.

You just need to put your foot down and say "no" to drinking the wine before it is ready. Hard, but necessary!!! It will be worth the wait.

I think you're right. I'm buildng an understairs wine cellar and I'll have to put a lock on the door. I can also make some sangria and more white zinfandel to keep the wolves at bay.

Latest posts

Back