record keeping for the feds

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norske

Forum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a software program that doesn't cost thousands of dollars that we can use to comply with the feds record keeping for a bonded winery? If not, then what do other small family run wineries use? We are currently using spreadsheets but would like to see what else may be better.

I haven't decided myself yet. Several folks use quick books. I'm a Mac guy and I am a little hesitant to use an intuit product as they have been notoriously bad with their Mac versions.

Thanks Greg. Thankfully my wife will be the one dealing with the reporting. She is already using quickbooks for payroll so will go this route for keeping track of everything else. Stay warm my friend, seems your winter is proving to be worse than ours.

I haven't decided myself yet. Several folks use quick books. I'm a Mac guy and I am a little hesitant to use an intuit product as they have been notoriously bad with their Mac versions.

Install a VM and get the PC version. You are correct, the Mac versions are total crap.

He's referring to a virtual PC software to run windows within the Mac OS. I'de rather not as IV found them to be a resource hog and slow the rest down.

He's referring to a virtual PC software to run windows within the Mac OS. I'de rather not as IV found them to be a resource hog and slow the rest down.

I suppose it depends on the resources you have available. I run a 32 bit Windows 7 VM with 3 gigs of ram inside 64 bit Windows 7 with 8 gigs of ram and I forget the VM is even running. Maybe Macs just don't have the power required for virtualization...

VM's are fantastic for running non graphics intensive programs such as accounting software without being a resource hog especially with new(er) machines with i5 or i7's inside.

Heavily graphics based programs such as video games with high frame rates are better off using Apple's free BootCamp software.

Here is a nice comparison of the current state of Running Windows on Macs

Latest posts

Back