Ready to design my label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottoreay

Junior
Reaction score
Hello,

I am ready to design my first label, but I am not sure which program is best suited for this task. I saw a nice one from Adobe but I dont want to pay $700 for it.

Thank you for your help in this.

Scott

You can do a lot with Adobe, but the cost for the full version is very steep. I use MS Word for many projects like this, and also Adobe Photo Shop Elements. Elements has many of the basic features from the full version of Adobe Photo Shop, but can usually be found for less that $100.

But seriously, look at any word processing program you currently have. I'll bet you can get most of what you want and not have to spend a large amount of money.

Look for options like importing pictures, creating text boxes, and inserting borders. If you can do these things, you can probably create a lable you'll be happy with.

THE GIMP

This program is freely distributed and works like and does most of what Photo shop will do.
follow the link and down load... I use this for almost all of my photo manipulations and drawings on the computer.

Good luck and post a pic of your first Label :)

Download google chrome and search for programs there. They have a couple of nice free ones that do a great job

I use Microsoft Publisher. I just happened to save my labels in PDF format and saved them to a thumb drive. Stopped by my local Office Max and asked them for printing advice. For $18 I bought 100 labels (25 pages of 4 labels per page) and they took my thumb drive while I sat there and watched and pulled the labels I needed printed into their system and in less than 15 minutes I had 30 labels each for the two wines I needed at that moment. LaserJet color ink printing. I paid less than $6 for the printing. They then asked if they could save the "master format" to my thumb drive, that way in the future if I chose to return for any other print jobs there was a format for their program already on my thumb drive & this makes it easier for them to convert any other PDF designs. That works for me because all my labels are in the same format.

View attachment Raspberry Mead PREFERRED pdf.pdf

View attachment SkeeterPee PREFERRED pdf.pdf

I use Adobe so I've never checked any of the others out, but Gimp has been used and recommended by many people here and on other forums.

Good luck and have fun with your new labels! I look forward to seeing some of them posted!:b

Latest posts

Back