Rat Pack Show

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Friday, my two brothers and I all took our wives to the Buck's County playhouse production of Sandy Hackett's Rat Pack Show.

The idea behind this show was to re-create the great Las Vegas rat pack shows of the 1960's. The show was produced by Sandy Hackett (son of the famous comedian Buddy Hackett) to be as close to the real thing as possible. Impersonators of Joey Bishop (played by Sandy Hackett), Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and Frank Sinatra all performed.

This show was so great! I do not think I have laughed that hard in years. The funniest part of the show was watching Sandy Hackett just destroy hecklers during his set!

If any of you have a chance to see this show (they are touring), I highly recommend it!!! Check out the link below..

http://www.sandysratpackontour.com/

Here it is Monday (thank goodness) and once again the weekend was just a blur. To bring the weekend more into focus, I decided list what I did over the weekend.

JohnT talking tomorrow:

- Monday:
Worked all day, then watched the Giants lose to the Eagles on MNF. At least the wine was good!

:D :D

Here it is Monday (thank goodness) and once again the weekend was just a blur. To bring the weekend more into focus, I decided list what I did over the weekend. Perhaps you folks would like to do the same?

- Friday:
went to the theater on Friday night. Got home around 1am.

- Saturday:
cleaned the house,
went grocery shopping,
did some banking,
Visited some factory outlets (I needed some new clothes)
Went to dinner at the older brothers house (my godson's birthday)
got home around 10pm. collapsed and went to sleep

- Sunday:
Was an "almost thanksgiving" dinner. A bit of a tradition where you realize that you still have a turkey in the freezer from last thanksgiving, and decide to cook it up. I had ran the turkey down to my mother's house (she was nice enough to cook it for the whole family).

We always had a professional wood shop in the barn at my mother's house (now my brother's house). I had bought a new barrel and making a new barrel stand while waiting for dinner.

Ended up getting home at about 5:30pm. Watched the premier episode of Gold Rush (I had missed it on Friday) before finally turning in.

oops! I meant to start another thread with this...

OK, Let me get this in here while I can...

GIANTS - Sole possession of first place in the NFC East!!!!!

I'm hoping you won't be able to say that tomorrow morning. I even wore my lucky Eagles sweat shirt that my son gave me about 10 years ago. I look like a Bill Belichick impersonator if he'd ever coach the Eagles, just better looking.

Yes. I do acknowledge that my post tomorrow on "What's for dinner" may include Corvus americanus.

LOL...

I just figured that I would gloat while I still can..

images

Feet will be up on couch, glass in hand.
JohnT I am with you!

Steve

Giants don't want the ball. Every time they get it, they turn it over. They are absolutely sucking!

Well, it wasn't 27-0 this year, but not bad. I cannot believe all of the turnovers, on both sides. And penalties!

At least I am not eating Corvus americanus tonight. Perhaps someone up North Jersey way might be choking down some Haliaeetus leucocephalus if it weren't illegal (or ill-eagle). :)

Giants don't want the ball. Every time they get it, they turn it over. They are absolutely sucking!

There was a lot of suckage, from both teams. Seemed like WAAAAY more than 7 turnovers. Glad the Iggles D came through.

Last edited:
You know, it occurs to me that 4th and 33 is not a down and distance you see that often.

1st and 10 at PHI 38
(5:34 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) PENALTY on NYG-M.Newhouse, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 38 - No Play

1st and 15 at PHI 43
(5:12 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Vereen up the middle to PHI 46 for -3 yards (J.Hicks)

2nd and 18 at PHI 46
(4:40 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Manning pass short right to S.Vereen to PHI 40 for 6 yards (B.Maxwell)

3rd and 12 at PHI 40
(4:01 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to S.Vereen to PHI 29 for 11 yards (W.Thurmond). PENALTY on NYG-L.Donnell, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at PHI 40 - No Play

3rd and 22 at 50
(3:53 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to E.Flowers to NYG 39 for -11 yards (B.Graham) [B.Graham]. Penalty on NYG-M.Newhouse, Illegal Touch Pass, declined

4th and 33 at NYG 39
(3:40 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Wing punts 44 yards to PHI 17, Center-Z.DeOssie. D.Sproles to PHI 27 for 10 yards (G.Davis)

Back