rasberry juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn field

Reaction score
Am cleaning out my deep freeze so I got to use my new (used) steam juicer. I had 15 lbs. wild black rasberries. I got 1 1/2 gallons and 1/2 pint of juice. Will be doing strawberries and then choke cherries tomorrow. After that will do wild plums, wild grapes, & pears. The juicer worked great and clean up was a snap.

Dont forget you still need to add pectinase to these guys after you steam them. Congrats on the steamer, it also works really well on elderberries. Crackedcork

Cracked Cork said:
Dont forget you still need to add pectinase to these guys after you steam them. Congrats on the steamer, it also works really well on elderberries. Crackedcork

Love it for Elderberries....

Question, when steam juicing, do you make wine just out of the Juice? Or do you make the wine with part juice and part water?

Just wondering....

You can do both. If juice only you will still need to add sugar to 1.080. Also the acid may be high so you wil need to adjust. I find if I use 4.5 gal and add water and sugar it comes out ok.
Also consider to save some juice for a f-pac later.

So for a 5 gallon batch, you would use 4.5 gallons juice, add sugar to raise the SG, then add water to the 5 gallon mark?

Just wondering. Asking for a Steam Juicer for xmas.

Yep works for me. The nice part is that you can make wine on YOUR time not the season. As you get the fruit Steam Juice them and store them in ball jars for later use. Once you get ahead in the juice you can use them for f-pacs as well. What I do id use 3qts and simmer to reduce by 1/2 then cool and add for f-pac. Of course back sweeten to YOUR taste.

Latest posts

Back