Quickest wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayden

Such a novice it hurts
Reaction score
What's the quickest/easiest wine/alcohol to make from fresh fruit available at the super market, say apples? Just want to try to whip up a batch of something before I really get my feet wet making Pinot this May! :b

fresh fruit will always take awhile....takes awhile for all the pulp sediment still in it to drop out even though you leave the bulk behind in the primary....then you have the aging time....all fruit wines truly need againg in order for them to be completely 100% truly palatable....really are better off using a juice if you want "quick".....

I'm sure others will have better ideas, but as far as easiest fruit I'd have to go with bananas. Something like apple has little juice and a lot of bulk so they get pressed. Other fruits with skins need to be peeled because of the flavors in the skins and seeds.

But even easier and better would be to make a frozen fruit concentrate wine. Get the Welches Niagara or other pure juice frozen concentrates from the grocery store, add some water and yeast and you're set. There are plenty of recipies to be found for ingredients and directions.

Latest posts

Back