Quick Turnaround, Low Alcohol, Fruit "Wine"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theTheme

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for information on making a quick turnaround, low alcohol wine from fruit. Perhaps my search terms are bad, but I'm not finding a lot of information/recipes on something of this nature. I could swear that at some point I read about "instant" fruit wines that were done in this style, but I cannot find it again (or I imagined it). Can anyone point me to resources, particularly techniques, for accomplishing this.

Just given my limited experience, here is what I was thinking of doing. Create must as with other fruit wines and bring SG to 1.040-1.055. Ferment dry in the primary and add bentonite. Rack into secondary for a month, stabilize and backsweeten. Drink young. To aid in clearing faster (I don't have a filter), I was planning on using more liquid in the primary than the carboy would hold and leaving more behind, hoping it would clear faster because of less sediment taken up on initial racking (plus the addition of bentonite in primary).

Just do the recipe by Dangerdave called dragon blood. It's a fast drinker and it clears fast and is fruity. You can use almost any fruit combination it's very popular here! Look in the recipes section for dangerdave's dragon blood wine. You won't be disappointed!

Well I ask a lot of questions so maybe it's time for me to give back on this forum :)

Latest posts

Back