Other Question on the Vinoka Hard Cranberry Lemonade

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B M W

Reaction score
My brother gave me the Vinoka Hard Cranberry Lemonade kit and the Island Breeze Black Raspberry / merlot kitfor my birthday (I love my brother, he's the best). I started the Hard Cran/lemonade on 10-21 sg 1.042 on 10-31 racked to carboy sg 1.002. The directions say when the sg reaches 0.996 or less fermentation is finished.
I checked the sg on 11-12 1.000, 11-13 1.000 and again on 11-15 1.000. Should Iwait to see if the sg changesor stabilize? Or is there something else I can do to get the sg lower?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give, I don't post often, but I sure appreciate all the great information on this site I'm here reading almost every day and have learned a lot in my wine making adventure.

MelEdited by: B M W

I see no mention of your temps BMW. Low temps can slow/stop the fermentation so depending you might try moving it to a warmer area, give it a good stirring and see if it perks back up but I suspect it is probably finished given those same readings for 3 consecutive readings over a 4 day period

Thanks Waldo,
The temp has been between 70 -72 and I did give it a good stiring 11-13, there was some bubbling in the airlock, but no change in sg.

BMW, Vinoka states that sometimes fermentation can take up to 6 weeks with their kits due to the high apple concentrates they use. I'd just leave it for a while longer in a higher temp 75+ area for 2 weeks. It should go down to 0.996. You might also want to calibrate your hydrometer to make sure it is not off.

For the record, I've made 2 of the Vinoka kits so far, and they make the most awesome sparkling ciders!!!! I've done the Crossbow, which is a Strongbow clone, and side by side with Strongbow, I cannot tell the difference! We've also made the Wildberry cider, which I call MerryBerry. With a kegging setup, these kits absolutely ROCK!

Latest posts

Back