RJ Spagnols Question on Bottle Aging....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany

Reaction score
We started drinking the Island Mist Green Apple Riesling right away but are letting some bottle age. I noticed on the Orchard Breezin it says to let it bottle age 2 to 3 months. Is this the same as the Island and I can drink some right away but let some sit or do I have to let it age the 2 to 3 before drinking?

You can drink your wine any time , but giveing it some time in the bottle will usually improve the wine....but that is all up to you....have fun and enjoy..

What I do is check on this site, under each wine it tells a lot of info including how long to age it. Then when I make the wine, say with one that says 2 months min, peaks @ 1 year type.... I have tasted early (@1 month) usually is OK but by 2 months even better. Then it tends to get better and bettter. Now if the info says something like 9 months min aging, I just leave it alone for that time till about 8 months or so. I've found that it's just not worth opening those bottles early. But very much worth waiting. TinaLouise

Back