Question about the biology of the Grape cycle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will place a few plants in a hydro in a few weeks time as I receive them.

There are dwarf plants commercially available called 'pixie grapes' or microvines that are partly insensitive to gibberellic acid and thus flower continuously producing fruit all year long.

Now that's an interesting variety! Actually exactly what bpickell was looking for!

Now that is cool. Def. worth a google. I'm curious about productivity or flavor but talk about an awesome conversation piece for a garden or patio. A few garden gnomes placed strategically around and the neighbors would talk. :h

Now I've had the plants for a good three months turning from 5 cm long plantlets in test tubes to 40cm vines and they have started to flower and have small berries.

I'm trying to multiply them as much as I can at the moment so I won't let them flower much at the moment as I'll start taking cuttings in a bit but so far so good, doing better than the in soil ones but then again these have benefited from slightly better lighting conditions.

I ordered some led lights and am quite positive about the chances of fruiting through out the winter.

Had some mite problems that caused a bit of a setback but I let one of the plants flower earlier on so now I'm enjoying a mini table top hydroponic véraison.

Latest posts

Back