Question about procedure before bottling...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideways2

Reaction score
Greetings!!!

So my first batch today sits at 14 days cleared so according to instructions I "should" be able to bottle. Now my second kit turns 14 days next weekend...I am assuming that leaving the first batch an extra week shouldn't hurt a thing and longer if I need to in order for the second kit to catch up.

I want to bottle at the same time is why I am asking LOL!!!

Also, I'm assuming this is the correct way to do it, I would filter each kit into another carboy, let sit for a couple of days and then bottle them up...is that correct??

Both kit were 10L\28 day kits just to get my feet wet :)

Thanks and appreciation!!!

Dave

Before Bottling

There should be no problem waiting to bottle. Some routinely keep kit wine in the carboy for six months. Racking to another carboy is ok. Getting rid of all sediment in the carboy the way to go. Do make sure to top off the carboy with a similar wine, leaving only about two inches of head space between the bung and the wine.

Happy fermenting,
Paul

As mentioned above Rack & top off. And then let them sit for at least a month best if you wait 6 months, but a wine can pretty much be bottled after it is clear. I mean crystal clear, you never want to bottle a wine before it has finished clearing. Don't forget to add the proper amounts of K-meta (& sorb if you are sweetening)

Latest posts

Back