Pumpkin Mead VS Pumpkin Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkin Spiced Mead or Wine?

• Pumpkin Mead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pumpkin Wine

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
So does he use any of the pumpkin meat in his wort/must (i'm learning) for color and body or does he just use the oils? Does he use a spice blend?
Very interesting... thanks for sharing
Just asked him, he gets 3-4 small baking pumpkins, cuts them in half, takes out seeds, turns them upside down on cookie sheet, place them in oven 350 for 20-30 min until soft. After that he scoops out the meat and uses it in his mash for beer. He uses the liquid from the pumpkin and puts that in the boil with 10 minutes left.
He adds spices 5 minutes left in the boil. Amount unsure but I believe he said Allspice, clove, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.

Just asked him, he gets 3-4 small baking pumpkins, cuts them in half, takes out seeds, turns them upside down on cookie sheet, place them in oven 350 for 20-30 min until soft. After that he scoops out the meat and uses it in his mash for beer. He uses the liquid from the pumpkin and puts that in the boil with 10 minutes left.
He adds spices 5 minutes left in the boil. Amount unsure but I believe he said Allspice, clove, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.

Love it. Thanks for the pro-tips. I am surprised he shared his secrets.

Thanks Dave...

BTW I am not a WiNo, Dave, I am a WineYes.
Bad joke I know but I had a roomate that always said that.

Love it. Thanks for the pro-tips. I am surprised he shared his secrets.

Thanks Dave...

BTW I am not a WiNo, Dave, I am a WineYes.
Bad joke I know but I had a roomate that always said that.
I’m in a beer club and the guy always wins the Pumpkin Brew off we have. I still don’t have his beer recipe but I do like the looks of his pumpkin flavoring, looks good on paper. I’ve never made a pumpkin beer yet, this will be my first. Heading To Walmart this weekend to buy those little baking pumpkins, he said don’t buy the big ones.

I’m in a beer club and the guy always wins the Pumpkin Brew off we have. I still don’t have his beer recipe but I do like the looks of his pumpkin flavoring, looks good on paper. I’ve never made a pumpkin beer yet, this will be my first. Heading To Walmart this weekend to buy those little baking pumpkins, he said don’t buy the big ones.
He did say you can use 6 pounds of canned pumpkin instead, have to bake and stir, bake it and stir to carmelize the pumpkin.

Back