Pruners?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStimulator

Reaction score
So my wife has some very sharp pruners and I do not know what kind of metal they are made of but it must be hard as kryptonite. When I was cluster thinning and thinning some of the Spurs, I noticed a big end that needed to be cut off one of my vines. In doing so I managed to cut the end and the 12 gage galvanized cordon wire.

The pruners went through the wire like a hot knife through butter. There wasn't even a nick on the blade. I have been told before that I may have freakish strength but I'm pretty sure it was all pruners. I can't believe I did it. Luckily I have a couple of connectors and was able to splice a piece of wire and the connectors to keep the cordon on tight.

Lesson learned.

If it is soft 12 guage galvanized wire, it cuts easily and also stretches and contracts with the weather. Most vineyard wire is high tensile 12.5 guage which is a hardened steel. If you can make a 12 inch circle or less oput of it, it is probably the soft type.

Back