posting a photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
I have tried so many times. I wonder if my computer doesnt like wine. Ill try again in the next reply

I get he photo on the page that says post reply. I press that button and it just sits there.

Have you shrunk the file down to under 150 kb's? Another problem is to not have any apostrophes or slashes or anything to that liking, just letters and numbers. Finally they can only be JPG's or GIF's. You are using the reply button and not the quick reply at the bottom of the page right? Please explain what error you are getting and what size the file is or you can email me the file by clicking on my name and under a post and sending it that way. I will look at the file and try to figure out whats going on.

wade said:
Have you shrunk the file down to under 150 kb's? Another problem is to not have any apostrophes or slashes or anything to that liking, just letters and numbers. Finally they can only be JPG's or GIF's. You are using the reply button and not the quick reply at the bottom of the page right? Please explain what error you are getting and what size the file is or you can email me the file by clicking on my name and under a post and sending it that way. I will look at the file and try to figure out whats going on.

I have been posting 640 by 480 photos wade. Ill check the file size and try again later links to my photobucket are so easy though. Thanks for the tip

Then you need to shrink them with an image re sizer such as the free one from microsoft. Down load this free tool. It is very easy to use and very handy to send pics through emails to because it shrinks the file but does not reduce quality! Give it a try. This is Masta's post from awhile ago!
<t></t><table style="table-layout: fixed;" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr><td rowspan="4" valign="top">

Online Status: Online

</td>
<td valign="top"> </span> Topic: Resizing Digital photos
Posted: 11 September 2006 at 3:19pm</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="150" valign="top">

<div style="overflow: auto;">

Since we are limited to posting picture</span>s that are &lt;150 kb what is the best and easiest way to accomplish reducing the size of larger picture</span>s for posting? I know this topic was discussed way back but it has come up again and I myself have struggled with this at times.
I normally adjust the resolution of my camera down to 640 x 480
pixels from the normal normal/default setting of 2048 x 1536 pixels for
taking picture</span>s for the forum. I have noticed I lose some quality of picture</span>s this way.

I did a search and found that there is a Image Resizer</span> tool for those you use Windows XP. Anyone use this?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx

Thanks</td></tr></t></table>

Edited by: wade

I have photoshop but since i already post many photos to photobucket do you think folks will mind if i only post links.

Im lazy Edited by: scotty

I dont think theyll mind but some of us are lazy too and wont scroll through those pages and open more windows. It takes very little time to download this program and saves a lot of time later on. But it is your decision.

Edited by: wade

wade said:
I dont think theyll mind but some of us are lazy too and wont scroll through those pages and open more windows. It takes very little time to download this program and saves a lot of time later on. But it is your decision.

When i'm not half asleep ill try it thanksEdited by: scotty

Scotty....I use PhotoBucket to Post all my photos....when I have the photo Uploaded there, I highlight the bottom box under the photo....the box will turn blue....then Right Click on that box....chose Copy....go back to your Post and paste it there....Then we won't have to go to the PhotoBucket site....

Here is Scotty's picture he was trying to post. I don't understand why the IMG code doesn't work for Scotty.

DSCF0379.jpg
Edited by: swillologist

Looks like a batch that has been forgotten out in the garage for years!
smiley36.gif
That would be the coffee huh, sounds better than it looks but then again my crab apple looks like Pepto Bizmo!

I used the download method not the copy and paste method. Ill use that next.
My garbage can looks nicer than the coffee wine
smiley19.gif

I just tried to use the upload of the cropped photo. It seems my computer is locking up at that point. I have to c;pse the browser and re open it to get back to FVW website.
Im going to put the cropped photo on photobucket and try again. It really seems like i jave a software problem on my end.
Well here goes BRB

It takes longer to do but I think I can post your picture Scotty. Let me see if this works.

redneck2.jpg

The coffee wine looks a lot better in this picture.

Scotty are copy and pasting the IMG code? That is the last code under the picture .Edited by: swillologist

i have it don right to the tome it says post it. the photo oads and my computer locks uo. i really think the problem iis on my software or some of my protwction programs but ill gladly read the tutorial.

BTW Masta all i see in your post is a red X

Latest posts

Back