Ports were talking to me - Time to bottle!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Norges Skaal!
Reaction score
One batch of toasted caramel, one batch of coffee, and a 3rd batch that was toasted caramel infused with some homemade coffee extract.

DSC_1006.jpg

How do you like the caramel with the coffee? I've been very tempted to make both of those and blend them.

I haven't mixed the coffee batch with the caramel batch yet, but the one with the added coffee extract is very good, but very young. I added the coffee extract 8 ounces at a time until I had the right proportion. Since the coffee extract is very strong, the flavors in that batch are strong but they should marry up with time.

I have 2 more caramels and 1 more coffee kit so I'm really tempted to make a coffee/caramel blend. I'll try mixing them in a decanter first and see how good that is.

Ok, we had people over, so I tried both a blend of the coffee and caramel kits together... and compared that to the caramel with the coffee extract.

Everyone was in agreement that they both were very good, but the coffee extract blend had the most coffee aroma by far and the most profound alcohol bite.

Latest posts

Back