Plum wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stdkls28

Winemakin Texan
Reaction score
Just started 1 gallon of plum wine used a lil over 5 lbs of dark plums sliced up and frozen for two day before...TA was 23%...added two tsp of acid blend...and S.G. was 1.010 and given suspended fruit and temp i added 2#'s of dissolved sugar...added PE this morning and will pitch Lalvin RC212 this evening and let the fun begin!

Just started 1 gallon of plum wine used a lil over 5 lbs of dark plums sliced up and frozen for two day before...TA was 23%...added two tsp of acid blend...and S.G. was 1.010 and given suspended fruit and temp i added 2#'s of dissolved sugar...added PE this morning and will pitch Lalvin RC212 this evening and let the fun begin!

What was the gravity after you added the 2# of sugar? You want 1.080

BTW what was the TA after you added acid blend

Got rushed towards the end of making the wine......end TA ended up around around 55%-57% and I didn't get a chance to pull a sample for end S.G.; plannin on doin that this evening before pitchin the yeast. And yes sir i'm shootin for 1.080.

When adjusting for temp S.G. was 1.080 or just under given it's a little warm in the house. 75F-77F.

Latest posts

Back