Please help me select grape juice!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyDinkle

Reaction score
Looking forward to my first purchase of local grape juice this fall. Time to place my order and I need advice. My current plan...

6 gallons of Cayuga. Will bottle some but use most for blending.

6 gallons of the vineyard's Meritage. We don't care for reds but thought this might be nice to have on hand. It's a blend of Chambourcin, Lemberger, Noiret and a little Viognier. Any thoughts on this?

May purchase the Chardonnay but want to blend it with something. Any suggestions? Muscat? Viognier? Kerner?

White juice choices are as follows. If you see any great blending possibilities please let me know.

Cayuga
Vignoles
Seyval
Vidal
Chardonnay
Chardonnel (blend of chard and Seyval)
Muscat
Traminette
Kerner
Viognier (I already have 6 gal of this aging)

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
6 gallons of the vineyard's Meritage. We don't care for reds but thought this might be nice to have on hand. It's a blend of Chambourcin, Lemberger, Noiret and a little Viognier. Any thoughts on this?
Technically not a White Meritage. From wiki...
A white Meritage must be made from a blend of at least two or more of the following varieties: Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon or Muscadelle du Bordelais, with no varietal comprising more than 90% of the blend

Also see, http://meritagealliance.com/grapes.html

Steve

Their brochure doesn't call it a white (or a red for that matter). I assume it will be a red. Does the blend sound decent?

Their brochure doesn't call it a white (or a red for that matter). I assume it will be a red. Does the blend sound decent?
Also not a Red Meritage. I thought white cause of the Viognier.

Steve

Well, in any case, would you recommend it?
I can't recommend it because I have no idea how those would blend together. I also have no idea who the supplier might be. The supplier may be more important than the grape blend.

Steve

Latest posts

Back