plastic wine kit bags

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhattin

Reaction score
Over the last couple of years, I have accumulated about 200 ten liter, 15 L and 18 L plastic bags from different wine kits. They all seem to be the same, with similar caps although the Pak Lab ones are single layer. You can get the dispensing caps as well.
I have used them to store wine in the bilge aboard sailboats and power boats - but unless I get a much larger boat I have way too many. They are pretty much indestructible.
Has any one found a secondary use for these bags??
thanks
Ric the vintner

Good question...

I have not found a secondary use for them. It bothers me because I tend towards being on the frugal side and wish I or someone I could give them to had a use for them.

Just thinking... and I don't know exactly what such bags look like but would they not make good carboys if a) you could find some way to make some kind of rigid support for them from the bottom and sides or from the top and b) to enable the CO2 to vent

I KNOW! I KNOW! I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS! ...

Fashion a cap to turn them into Whoopee Cushions! :h

th

If you know someone that is thinking about building a solar green house, they would make excellent water storage for the water wall. (northern climates)

cheers

Lol, if it wouldn't be a pain to ship them all, I'd say i'd take them...I can always find a use for containers that can hold liquids without leaking...

Having lived thru some "superstorms", I am increasingly cognizant of power loss issues etc. Bought some things for storing food and water. Why not repurpose these for storing water for emergencies? You don't have to be a "prepper" to think this is a good idea. Obviously you have to treat the water (small amount of odorless chlorine or iodine).

I have used them to store wine in the bilge aboard sailboats and power boats - but unless I get a much larger boat I have way too many.

I think at this point you must get a bigger boat :db

Back