Planting and first year care

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mix 1 teaspoon of mancozeb per gallon of water in case that helps. Just mist the vines with it; don’t worry about the application dose beyond that.
So I ordered Manzate Pro-Stick and the directions call for 1.5 to 4.0 lbs/acre. What would I mix up for spraying my baby vines? They are still in the grow tubes and show no signs of disease.

I suggest between a teaspoon to a tablespoon per gallon. How many vines do you have?

It is easier to calculate when you have grown vines and know how much spray you need for each spray. If you have a quarter acre of vines, you use a pound max in however much water you need to spray the vines. For baby vines I go light so you could manage wit a teaspoon per gallon.

For example, I have 1.12 acres of three and four year old vines. I have a 55 gallon sprayer on my tractor. It takes two and 1/2 tanks to spray 1.12 acres. To keep it fairly simple, I divided four pounds by 137.5 gallons or by 2.5 tanks and decided that I needed 25.6 ounces or 1.6 pounds per tank.

I suggest between a teaspoon to a tablespoon per gallon. How many vines do you have?

It is easier to calculate when you have grown vines and know how much spray you need for each spray. If you have a quarter acre of vines, you use a pound max in however much water you need to spray the vines. For baby vines I go light so you could manage wit a teaspoon per gallon.

For example, I have 1.12 acres of three and four year old vines. I have a 55 gallon sprayer on my tractor. It takes two and 1/2 tanks to spray 1.12 acres. To keep it fairly simple, I divided four pounds by 137.5 gallons or by 2.5 tanks and decided that I needed 25.6 ounces or 1.6 pounds per tank.
Thanks. I have 55 vines. All in grow tubes. I planned on using a spray bottle so I probably won’t go through a gallon.

I wish they would just list a concentration that you would use to wet the vines for full coverage.

The garden products - Bionide brand - does list for a gallon...the ag size gives pounds or ounces per acre. On the other hand, I used the garden size Sevin and had to figure out how to use in my 55 gallon sprayer. I finally calculated like I was using a garden hose sprayer. That made it much easier.

Last edited:
Back