Piesporter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
I am making my 2nd kit of Piesporter white wine. The first kit was AWESOME!!. Great summer wine.

Anyway......I left the first racking in the carboy a little longer than the specified 7-10 days. I checked the SG and it was .994. I guess I need a little assurance it is ok.

Racked to another carboy, degassed and added all the goodies as directed. It is in the clearing stage now. smells good and looks ok.
smiley9.gif

uavwmn said:
I am making my 2nd kit of Piesporter white wine. The first kit was AWESOME!!. Great summer wine.

Anyway......I left the first racking in the carboy a little longer than the specified 7-10 days. I checked the SG and it was .994. I guess I need a little assurance it is ok.

Racked to another carboy, degassed and added all the goodies as directed. It is in the clearing stage now. smells good and looks ok.
smiley9.gif

All is well, I leave mine in the primary until it's finished fermenting all the time! Makes degasing much easier.

uavwmn said:

smiley9.gif
For me,nearly allkits have reached .994 in 7-8 days. All should be good.

Steve

Back