Pectic enzyme

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
If a recipe calls for 1/4 tsp of liquid pectic enzyme how much would this be if using dry pectic enzyme? cannot find any converstion tables.

Thanx, this is for a batch of peach wine with fresh peaches.

rrawhide

My pectic enzyme says 1/2tsp per gallon.
Read what your label says.
If it was liquid it would say so many drops per gallon.
Hope this helps..

How ripe is your fruit rrawhide? If it is good and ripe I normally use around 2tsp for a 5-6 gallon batch

Waldo

The peaches are so ripe they meltin your mouth. TOOOOO bad that I am on a low carb eating plan (not diet, you understand) so could not talk momma into a pie or cobbler. baaaaaaa!!

Anyway, Waldo, your recipe is in progress - but I think that I kinda goofed up. I added water to bring to 4 gals in primary thinking that after pulling off the peach must, it will be back down to 3 gallons. Probably, should have just used the liquid that was there and then when in secondary (after fermentation) added the water. At this point, I am just waiting for the cool down - added the 3 campden tablets and 1.5 tsp acid blend (did not have just citric alone - it this ok?)

Do I need to do anything else? SG at this time is 1.11 but still about 89 degrees. I added 8# of sugar and 13# of ripe peaches.

Thanx for your advice,

rrawhide

You will be fine buddy..will have a little extra for topping up later

Adding a little extra wont hurt and Peach can be a bear to clear so this migh help a little.

Yea I agree. A little extra can't hurt

Latest posts

Back