Pear-Apple Fortified w/ Brandy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvac36

Reaction score
6 Months old and omg!!! Will be bottling this week in 359ml bottle, about 20% . Once bottled will sit for another 6 months...

DSCN0519.jpg

Jim S. to Jim S.: Oh that looks GOOD and just about that amount times two surely will suffice to get me smashed! Two thumbs up!
:dg

:)

I'm getting ready to make a fortified pear wine didn't think about adding apples. Can you provide a few details. This is my first attempt at country fruit and fortification.

Recipe?
When did you add the brandy to the ferment?
What style of brandy?
What's you residual sugar?
How did it turn out?

Thanks

No real recipe just followed the instuctions off of the Vintners can of pear concentrate did the 3 gallon batch not 5 gallon. added apple juice concentrate fermented starting sg was 1.090 let go till dry.. Then stabilized added 1lb of white raisins let sit for a few weeks then added clearing agent which really did nothing.. been clearing on its own. Did raise sugar to 1.000 then added just a plain off the shelve cheap brandy following parsons sq.
Tatse and smells amazing, its smooth now can not wait for a few more months to pass... Time just time :)

Latest posts

Back