Papamangonana melomel!! Yum!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soflavino

Reaction score
So I pretty much freestyled and made a pretty awesome wine im still in process bulk aging but ive already tasted "did sg check"and wowww its awesome definatley taste mango with a little bit of papaya, no banana flavor which a shouldve added more :( and a honey after taste.. Heres what i did, i started off with 18# of mango ( 8# straight meat and 10# with seed but were super sweet small mangos) 9# papaya, 2# banana and 14# clover honey. Additives were 5 campden, 8 1/2 tsp acid blend, 2tsp pectic enzyme ( papaya contains high pectic enzyme) 1 1/4 tsp tannin 6 tsp yeast energizer and red star premier cuvee yeast 1 packet..... created 19% abv but its not hot like you might think

So first i added everything in 5 gallon bucket chopped in 2 inch cubes, and only 10# honey first, added the 5 camden tablets. Waited 24 hrs and hydrated my yeast for 24 hrs then pitched. I started with 1.103. Waited one week and sg was .996.. Racked to secondary, another five gallon bucket with bubbler. added another four # clover honey with 2# mango through a juicer. Almost forgot, froze fruit for 10 days sorry..... i brought sg back to 1.036 then ferment to dry.. then do what you want from there :) im going to add super kleer soon and then bottle and i have to say its the best wine ive ever had and its a must to experiment!! Cheers yall!!!

:tz:tz Good to see ya so pumped up. It is great when a plan works and really great to turn out a good wine. Keep up the good work. Arne.

Thank you arne you have no clue how proud i am of myself its my first wine ive made not counting my practice experiment wine

Latest posts

Back