ok no one has answered me in Apfelwin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
correction...I tired to stabilize it. lol. Topped it off with apple juice and its started fermenting again

"Topped it off with apple juice and its started fermenting again"

That sounds about right. Generally I just look at it and it starts refermenting again. I'm done messing around it's getting bottled dry!

If you look at Ed Wort's original entry over on homebrewtalk He makes a small suggestion to leave it dry and add... "Germans who prefer it sweet (or Suß as they say) will add a splash of Sprite or 7up to a glass. This is the easiest method as you don't have to make a whole "sweet" batch that way."

Might as well make sprite wine.
Why not let it go dry, and do a dry test for a referment.
then back sweeten, and add clearing agent after its dropped about 1 inch of sediment/
referment test.

add 1/2 cup of your wine to a glass add a pinch of sugar.
you will know right away if it will referment are not.

iv already back sweetened with Splenda when i thought it was done. Im good there, splenda wont ferment. The sugar in the apple juice I topped it off with got it going again. We have plumbing issue here today so I couldn't rack.
I need to be able to clean up after and I cant run any water till tomorrow. Was going to the supply store to purchase another carboy but they are closed on Monday.
When the water gets fixed I might just rack to a bucket then clean the carboy and rack back to the carboy. Lots of tiny bubbles coming up. Im thinking its CO2
I dont even want to take a reading if I cant wash everything off after :( stupid clog

I just forgot about it for a while beside giving it the stink eye once a day when I went into my wine room.
Tess,
"What Is the stink eye?"
Maybe it will help with my Apfelwein!:?

Tess,
"What Is the stink eye?"
Maybe it will help with my Apfelwein!:?

Give it a little of this everyday lol
THE STINK EYE
stink-eye.jpg

Latest posts

Back