WineXpert OK, I’m officially a home wine maker....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexmor

Reaction score
First kit [VR zinfandel]in the primary.....second primary in the mail [right George?] to do a Selection Italian Sangiovese, along with a third kit [Selection Barbaresco] which should also be in the mail.

I admit that I still have some doubts that these kits can make wine as good as you all say, but what the Heck, worst case I've wasted acouple ofhundred dollars....as I always tell my wife: "I've done things lots stupider that that".

At least this seems like a really friendly fraternity [sorority for some of you], and I''m really hoping this works out, becausethe 70 vines I planted last year [Sangiovese and Zinfandel] are never going to make enough wine to satisfy myself and all my wino friends. I could take out some orange trees to plant more vines, but that would require hand to hand combat with my better half.

One question about the Barbaresco: has anyone on here tried it? I love wines from the italian Piedmont [we're going there for three weeks in September],but they're really expensive to buy, so I'm hoping this kitwill provide a semblance of the imports.

Rexmor,

Congrats on starting into kit wines! Of all the kits we've made I've never considered a single one a waste of money. And it is so much easier than scratch wines. Not much thinking and decision making for me!

I've never tried the Barbaresco. I will be interested in your opinion though.

Rexmore:

Welcome to the forum. As a fellow "newbie" I can tell you this forum: in the words of "Masta" Rocks!!
smiley14.gif

I'm into my fourth "kit wine" and can only say that so far they are all just fine. I've done two Island Mist kits, a VR chianti and am working on a Vieux Chateau du Roi. The Isl Mist are great coolers and are appreciated by all who have tried them. The Chianti, while still young and bulk aging has shown (taste pretty good to me) a lot of potential. So read, ask questions and have a good time.

Rexmor,

Welcome to the forum. I've made mostly country (fruit) wines, but I recently started my first kit, Vieux Chateau du Roi. You will find valuable information here and don't be afraid to ask any question.

Although you are well on your way, I would recommend reviewing Smurfe's pictorial on kits. It's loaded with good information and quite a bit of humor as well
smiley36.gif
. Here is the link to part #1 (There are 4 parts): [url]http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID= 1135&KW=wine+kit+tutorial[/url]

Good luck with the kit!

WOW jump in whole hog 3 kits thats a quick 90 bottes
and as a kitster I like kits I bet your wife will
ask for more. My wife likes 2 kinds rose and
reilsing. But My bottle giving buddies have liked all my
presents I was not fond of Cab Sav untill mine aged up wow
now i dont want to give it up. Welcome Hope you have anoght space
for eh wine racks that willl soon be on order as your reserves biuild
up. Yes I have 2 year old bottles that I protect I hide
thiem in the racks so the wine theifs willl not get them.

Latest posts

Back