WineXpert NZ Sauv Blanc; KRF Vs WE Int est

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy8998

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing my next NZ sauv blanc kit using Ken Ridge Founders series as its cheaper than the WineXpert Selection international estate kit, it also appears to be 18l rather than 16 in the WE.

Has anyone done both before and able to offer a comparison review?

Cheers

Billy

I'll offer a slightly different suggestion. If you can find the WE Limited Edition Sauvignon Blanc / Semillon blend, try it. I took the process slow, but gave some away after one week in the bottle. Everyone raved about it already.

Tony P.

Hi Tony, I'll see if my lhbs can get it in. I can imagine it did go down well as the Marlborough SV by WE is fantastic early. My last batch was finished about a week early and immediately it was beating the £15 bottles during blind tasting with guests. The only fault I'd give it was too colourful and slightly sweater and I mean slightly. I'm sure that will crisp with age.

The pull of the Ken Ridge was the extra 2 litres of juice as surely the closer to 23l at the start the better right??

I did not do much whites, but I agree that good kit whites beat commercials up to 20 pounds a bottle. Last year I did 2 batches of Pacifica White and it is absolutely the best white wine I have ever drunk. My friend is a wine investor he could not believe that it was possible to make such good wine at home.
With reds it is more difficult, they need more time and good storing conditions. I would place my reds on the same scale with similarly aged commercial reds in 7-12 pounds a bottle range. But when I drink 50-100 pounds a bottle red I think how long way my wine has to go to be even close to those.

Wookey

Back