No directions for frozen grapes.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homer

Reaction score
Ordered a bucket of frozen Chardonnay and one of frozen Pinot grapes but they forgot to send the directions. I not sure how much nutrient, If I need some sugar, more water??? I guess I could wait till tomorrow and have Midwest fax me the instructions. Another problem is getting the temps into the 70's, I could build a box with some cardboard and throw in a light. What does the brain trust think? bk

I've never done frozen grapes or juice but the grapes and juice I do get every year are at or below 40º when I pick them up. I just wait out the natural warm up of the juice for pitching the yeast. That could help you wait thru the time it takes to contact the folks at midwest tomorrow.

I imagine you want the temps in the 70's to activate the yeast, but once you're in the 50's, it will activate. It'll be slower but that is desirable in white wines. I keep my whites in my garage in the fall during fermentation to slow the process. My basement is usually 64-68 and I consider that too warm of an environment to ferment whites. Even fermentation itself raises the temp. Still interested to know what Midwest tells you.

Mark

These are not kit wines and dont come with instructions or any ingredients. Please be sure of what you are buying and of what you print or blame people with threads or posts. Im editing this header cause its not Midwests fault. When you buy grapes you dont get instructions. I hope you have all the stuff needed tp make this.

Wade, sorry but you are mistaken, the frozen grapes have instructions and "ingredients kits" that can be purchased and cost something like, $8.00 per bucket. This was my third order of frozen grapes. I bear no ill against Midwest, I have found them to be very helpful and do what every it takes to make it right.

When I talk to Midwest today, I'll ask if it would be OK to post their directions for the frozen grapes and Juice and post. bk

Last edited:
Talked with Midwest, told him I would like to post "instructions" for the frozen grapes, was told to go for it but then the salesperson navigated me to all the instructions already on their website. Like, duh. Check please. bk

Im very sorry and stand corrected Homer, In his words "DOHHHHT!"

No problemo, I didn't make myself clear, my credit card really likes Midwest. bk

Latest posts

Back