Other Niagra Mist

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ira

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Black Cherry Pinot Niagra mist kit? I saw it at my local and was thinking of giving it a try.

I'm not a big cherry fan so have not made this one for myself. Some folks had told me that its very sweet and has a strong cherry flavour. I believe that the word "cloying" was used.

Some friends made it a couple of summers ago. By the instructions, so no added sugar, and all of the fruit/sweetening puch after the sorbate. They told me it was pretty good. So on my next visit, I tried some. No where near as bad (IMO), as others had said. Sweet, as expected. But I thought it was a nice cherry taste (remember I'm not a big cherry fan).

So, if you like cherries, and you understand that Mist kits are sweet, go for it.

BTW, the mist of the year in our house is Niagara Mist Sangria Zinfandel Blush. A third of one batch gone already, and a second one started. My thirty-whatever year old son, his wife, and mother-in-law LOVE it.

In previous years, my wife and I have made a lot of the NM Pink Grapefruit Blush. Not as sweet as most other mist kits, and very refreshing. Unfortunately we are on some medicine that says no grapefruit juice. Plus we're diabetic, so no sweet wines.

Steve

High hopes for this

Well five years later I just bought one - Bronze medal winner and it looks pretty good and F-pack smells great to me.
My store says they have phased out this supplier in favour of another supplier - nothing to do with the product - but I guess I got the last one sold around here.

This formula looks pretty good to me and there is more grape in it than RJ Spagnols Mist wines 7.5 litres compared to 5.4 litres RJS.

Last Mist I boosted to 12.2 , maybe I over-rode the flavour with alcohol , I'm not sure I think I'll take it easy on this and do it as 9 ABV - it's listed as 7 percent for as is.
---
Website says sugar code 6 - I have no idea what that means but I have no problems with sugar.

Latest posts

Back