Newbie question on aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flem

Reaction score
If I have a kit that says a wine should be drinkable in 12 months, and bulk age it for 6 months and have it bottled for 6 months, does that equal 12 months of aging or does it have to be bottled for 12 months.

Flem

Yes.... But these are not exacts. Alot also depends on your cellaring conditions, ect ect.

The longer you wait.... The happier you will be. (in most cases)

Oh, I know they're not exact numbers, but I was just curious if the bulk aging fit into the overall equation---I sounds like it does.

Thanks!

Then, in my hypothetical example,if I would bulk age it for 12 months, I could drink it from the carboy---right?

Flem said:
Then, in my hypothetical example,if I would bulk age it for 12 months, I could drink it from the carboy---right?

Yeah, give that a shot and let us know how it turns out.
smiley2.gif
If you're strong enough to lift a full glass carboy over your head and hold it steady while you drink it, I'll send you a case of my best stuff.
smiley15.gif

Flem said:

Thats why wineries do barrel tastings....

No thanks, Bart's going to help me hold the carboy.

BartReeder said:
Flem said:

smiley2.gif
If you're strong enough to lift a full glass carboy over your head and hold it steady while you drink it, I'll send you a case of my best stuff.
smiley15.gif

Bart is that offer good for anyone??
smiley4.gif

Scott said:
BartReeder said:
Flem said:

smiley2.gif
smiley15.gif

Bart is that offer good for anyone??
smiley4.gif

Bart Bart Bart?? Instead of "what would you do for a Klondike bar" it's what would you do for a case of Bart's best stuff???

Back