New Year Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcasey

Reaction score
With 2010 coming to a close in 2 weeks, what wines, meads, beers and such are on the horizon for everyone?

I have a tradition of making a wine or mead on New Years Day (before football) and hubby will usually make a porter that will not be ready till the following year. This year I will be making a Caramel Apple Mel and I may also mix up an Ausie Shiraz Kit I've had for a couple of months, that of course means I'll need to bottle something first.

Sounds good!
smiley20.gif

I may need to pick up an extra primary! I have my 3 "White Christmas" whites to start (CC Showcase Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris) as well as some other CC Showcase kit, I think it's called "Red Mountain Cabernet" or something like that, supposed to be good....
smiley2.gif

vcasey said:
ibglowin said:
Sounds good!
smiley20.gif
But what are you going to make????

I have a 5 gallon bucket of Rhubarb and a 5 gallon bucket of Riesling both from Walkers farm that Ill probably start then.

I have a 1 gallon jug of wildflower honey from my cousin's beekeeping exploits. I promised to make a mead for him. Straight mead is what he wants, so I will probably try to get 2-3 gallons out of it. I might do it between Tue and Thur next week.....

also need to get off my lazy butt and do some wine work and bottle the blackberry and mulberry so I can start on my blueberry wines.... I'm 6+ months into the black(12 gal) and mul's(6 gal) thats 18 gallons of wine I don't have enough bottles for at the moment. But they can bulk age some more.... Oh yeah the 4 gallons of blueberry port as well.....

Haven't been around the forum for a while. Been a very busy year for me but things are starting to finally slow down and when things slow down, I get this sudden urge to ferment something.... Weird, ain't it??

I need to do some bottling although I'm going to try and lay off the Amarone for a while. It's been in the carboy for a year now and I'm going to see if I have the patience to let it go one more. We'll see. I have the extra carboys now so I might be able to pull that off. I got about $700 worth of wine making stuff at a rummage sale this summer for $100, including 3 brand spanking new 6 gallon carboys and 2 really nice wine racks along with a litany of other things. I had to make 2 trips to get everything. Anyway....

I just placed an order with George yesterday. Here's what I'll be cooking up in the next couple of weeks:

Renaisance kit - Old Vines Zinfandel

Mosti Masters Edition - Carmenere Mondiale

And last but not least a Mosti All Juice kit - Malbec

I do like Malbec...YUUUUUMMY.

Hello again to everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Latest posts

Back