New Member from Nevada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archie

Junior
Reaction score
Hi ! I'm Archie
I am both a newbe to this forum and to wine making.I am not a great typer{lots of misstakes in spelling and slow},so I probably won't be posting a lot.
My first batch was a Gewurztraminer Kit from Vinifera.I bottled it on Feb 10 th.It just seams to get better and better.But the best part is that it is drinkable.I now have Vinifera Blanc des Chateaux bulk ageing in the Carboy and I am waiting for my next kits.Boy this could get expencave if we didn't drink it.
My Wife Peggy and I have a small Candle Store in No. Nevada.We have been doing that for about 6 years.I make the candles and she does the soap and paints.
I guess thats about all for now George has already answered all my Questions.Its good to be a part of this group.

Welcome to the forum, this is the right place if you have any questions. These guys and girlsare a great help!!

Welcome Archie. How long did you bulk age your gurt?
Enjoy the Forum!!
smiley36.gif

Welcome Archie, love to hear it when somebody first stats to make wine and likes there 1st batch.

I think we bulk aged for almost a week.And have had about a bottle a week since then.This one I may age a little longer.

Welcome Archie....sounds like you both have some great hobbies going....Winemaking took over our hobbies.

Welcome archie. Glad to have you onboard. How about some pictures of your wines and your candles?

Welcome to the forum Archie. Always glad to have someone join in. Don't worry about spelling or typing - we let Wade and myself stay around! Are those the Mosti Vinifera Noble kits you are talking about? They make some nice wine for the cost.

A whole week in bulk aging?
smiley2.gif
Welcome to the forum. We don't worry too much about spelling and such, unless you're married to me. Pity that Poor Bert!

Waldo I will put some pictures on as soon as I can figure out how to do it.I have some of our wine ,candles,my home made wine rack,and of Peggy's painting.
Thanks to everyone for the nice wecome.

Waldo here is a picture of a bottle from our first batch.I am testing to see if the picture comes thru.
20080320_140303_Bottle_&amp_Candle.jpg

Archie, two things. First, if something doesn't show up in the post, use the edit button at the bottom below the signature line to try to add it again.
Secondly, when folks have problems with the pictures showing up it is usually that the filename has special characters in it like !,@,#m$,%,^,&,* and so on. They make the filename so it won't work correctly. Give it a shot.

This time?
Waldo here is a picture of a bottle from our first batch.I am testing to see if the picture comes thru.

20080320_151512_BottleCandle.jpg
Edited by: appleman

I see you got it this time by renaming it from 20080320_144730_Bottle_&_Candle.jpg to 20080320_144730_BottleCandle.jpg

This happens to a lot of folks. Glad you got it to work.

Latest posts

Back