RJ Spagnols New Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
Hit the local wine store yesterday and picked up a few new kits.

WE - IM - Citrus Mango
RJS - OB - Kiwi Melon
RJS - OB - Citrus Ice
RJS - CC - Bergamais
RJS - CC - Okanogan Chardonnay

My wife also suggested that maybe we should be getting some more carboys. Gotta love her.

We are also going to change the basement around to allow for more wine making room.

Grant

We are also going to change the basement around to allow for more wine making room."
Hey Grant, that's the expensive part of this hobby!

Ya it sure is. I need to finish that part of the basement anyway, or at least that is the reasoning behind it. We are going to put in double sink and 12' of counter space. Also lots of shelving for empty bottles and supplies. The area where we use now will become the wine celler. I can keep 6 carboys there, but new area will hold an even dozen. Will have room then for about 500 bottles of wine is cellar. I will take some pictures as it progresses.

Grant

Grant, they sound good!!! And the basement also. I have 2 more kits to make and I will have to start drinking!! I have no basement here in AZ.
I think the hallway will be line with wine racks. hahahaha
smiley36.gif

I have finished all the wine areas of the basement but now Im down there building our (temporary)bedroom down there. We will move down there so that I can move my son upstairs. My daughter will take our old bedroom which is bigger then hers, my son will move into her old room as his room was way t small. We will open up the kitchen more and turn his old room into a laundry room/pantry so that my wife doesnt have to go down 2 flights of stairs to do laundry. Our bedroom will eventually become the family room and i will put an addition on to the back of our house for the master bedroom. TOO much to do but it will get done.

I would say you did well as I stock 4 of those kits. The only missing is the Chard and I already have about 10 to choose from.

Back