New guy from Boston/ questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did rack it off that sediment.. It went from the glass which contained that sediment after stabilizing and clarifying to the better bottle which has been sitting for about a week. I will be waiting a little longer to bottle as I am awaiting a corker and some corks..

Bottled

Yesterday I decided it was time to bottle.
I do not own a vacuum pump of my own so I borrowed one to rack and filter through a 5micron poly filter recommended by Wade and a few other on this site.
Went from a 5g better bottle to a glass carboy to bottles..

Ran kmeta through filter first like recommended in numerous threads. This also served as a test for the system.

Setting up the filter and pump hoses
df536b10.jpg

Filter filling up was the first sign I was doing something right :wy
df529bd6.jpg

Next it was bottling time.
591848b5.jpg

Followed by corking using an Italian floor corker.(must say, I tried the plunger method for mead a week ago and said no way, the floor corker made it such an easy process.) used both natural and synthetic corks, I tested 5-7 synthetics for leakage from the crease some people see however I did not find one, so hopefully I lucked out!
bac5da9f.jpg

Added PVC shrink wrap onto the tops and applying the labels this weekend!

Now its time to compile my data and formulate a scientific report!

I really enjoyed the wine making process, now its only a question of what to start next.

Bottling wine in a lab at school, don't see that one every day!

Congratulations, looks like it all went smoothly!

Latest posts

Back