Natural Fermentation ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vscottcolorado

Reaction score
I have read some on Natural Fermentation. If I would add chopped fruit to a stabilized kit, (Island Mist, Black Raspberry Merlot), let it soak for 24-36 hours, then rack and bottle. Would the sorbate in the kit be enough to handle this?

1st I would add the fruit is some kind of a mesh bag. This will make it easier to remove.

2nd No way can you bottle so soon. The fruit will make your wine cloudy. You should clear it again. adding all this will add at least a month before bottling.
3rd If you added the proper amt of sorbate you should be fine.
What you are suggesting is a f-pac which we talk about adding all the time to fruit wines.

Thanks for the reply.. I did this with a gallon of WV Trinty Red. Did not use a mesh bag but did strain it. Ended up with about 3/4" of fines from the fruit in the bottle. Did not look great but it sure tasted great with a splash of 7-Up.Only 1 little 375 left.
Will take your advise and re-clear. Should I use a clearing agent again or just let it settle out?

Latest posts

Back