My strawberry SP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlietuna

Reaction score
I've lost count on how many batches i've made since starting this hobby last october, somewhere close to 10.

I just back sweetened a batch using 5 cans of strawberry breeze frozen concentrate & a couple cups of sugar. Final sg was around 1.020.

This is hands down my best batch yet. I'm a dry wine drinker, but this hobbie has taught me some of the need for a sweet wine / beverage.

This Strawberry Breeze SP is great!!. (for a sweet wine) Lol..

Just wanted to share,

Thanks,
Brian

I also noticed Wal-Mart had 32 gallon trash cans on sale for $12. I may try to make a 25 gallon batch soon! I've collected more than enough 5-6 gallon carboys over the last year.

Brian

Brian, I've started making it in 32 gallon batches too. Too many eager drinkers to stay in supply otherwise. I use rubbermaid cans as a primary and the 17 gallon demijohns as the secondaries.

Who makes the strawberry breeze concentrate?

I was looking at the demijohns the other day, they were fairly inexpensive. But, for now, I have enough carboys to suffice. I hope to try out the larger primary soon. When I do, I'll post pics. That $12 trash can really caught my eye. Lol.

The strawberry breeze concentrate is Welches. I picked it up at the local Kroger.

Thanks. Brian

The 20 gallon rubbermaid Brute plastic can is NSF-2 food grade. Some people worry that the inexpensive plastic trash cans will give off bad chemicals into the wine.

We are experimenting with new flavors of skeeter pee. We have a blueberry skeeter pee going now that was made with the slurry for our blueberry wine (fresh fruit). I really like the sounds of your strawberry breeze though.

I did try the Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri frozen mix or is that what you used?

Latest posts

Back