My new batch!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
southlake333 said:
Glad you like it! I let mine sit a while after sweetening and more sediment fell out (probably just all the cinnamon). So I racked it off, tasted and found it had lost most of the cinnamon flavor so I threw in a cinnamon stick and let it sit for another 2 weeks. Just bottled last weekend and its perfect. Just in time for the holidays.

Do you think the sticks work better? Maybe less crap in the bottles?

i actually think it does but at the same time i think its worth having the floaters in the bottles, my partial gallon test batch i used from this actually didnt retain a lot of the spice flavoring after a couple of weeks. for sure though if you dont want anything hangin around in the bottle go with the sticks

Opinions? I think I need better paper, they are not looking as nice as I had hoped:/. I even tried a different pic, but seem to still be getting faint lines on them both.

image-3550456861.jpg

image-3147741949.jpg

They look great from here. The faint lines are probably due to an inkjet printer. If you have access to a laser jet printer give it a try.

looks great, for sure im thinkin thats printer like DD said, regardless still looks great!

I use photo paper. The labels require a bit more glue to keep them stuck to the bottle, but they look beautiful.

Ok, I tried photo paper. They look so much better but now the glue stick doesn't seem enough to hold it on. Should I use something else? Hot glue? Also, the ink is rubbing off wherever I touch it. Please help :'(

image-3541997205.jpg

label quality looks much better for sure, you may try some liquid latex glue or even a little super glue, i dont know for sure because ive never labeled anything but that may be worth a try. I use masking tape and a pen :)

I use regular paper and glue sticks for mine. I think the photo paper may require special inks and/or extra drying time. As far as glue I'm not sure what works because I haven't tried the photo paper but it looks like Southlake333 may be able to help.

DirtyDawg10 said:
Oh...I forgot to ask...what does it say on your coaster in that pic?

Lol, an interesting coaster set I found. There's also a drunk, wasted, hungover, tipsy one

image-1202788647.jpg

ok, i read a thread on here where someone suggested spray polyurethane to keep ink from running. :?

lol...I like the coaster.

The spray could work but it seems like a lot of work. I would check kinkos or staples and see how much it would be to have laser color prints done.

Back