My Merlot Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If not using photos you guys already have, wheredo you guys go to get good clip art images to make your wine labels? I'm looking for some good concord grape cluster pictures, etc. I'm about to complete a batch of of concord wine, 6 gallons. Something that I can make my own labels out of but still look nice. I'll be using word and paint unless you guys and gals know of any better software that I could use.

Thanks,

Muscadine

muscadine,

I use Print Shop software. There are lots of options for label size, pictures, fonts and special effects. You can even Google the pictures you would want to use for the Concord grapes and transfer them into Print Shop. If you read back you will see that I have been emailing my lables to Fedex-Kinkos and have them print them. I don't have a laser printer and they do an exceptional job of printing. I think you can get Print Shop for about 50.00$. Good Luck and have fun! Label making is as addicting as wine making!!!

Ramona

Ramona,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to look into getting Print Shop Software. I have a HP All In One 1410V, inkjet. So the laser printers are better than inkjet for wine labels? I'm not up to speed yet on wine labels. I've only made one type of label and that was for the first ever batch of wine I've made, about 1 to 1.5 years ago. The label was okay but the labels on this forum blow mine out of the water, LOL. Thanks again for the quick reply. I can't wait to get some really nice looking labels! I really like those transparent labels also, blends in with the wines really well.

Muscadine

Oh, BTW Welcome to the Forum!!!!!!

I was using an inkjet but the difference is unbelievabe between that and the laser. I'm not really a technical person when it comes to printers and copiers and all. Maybe my injet isn't the best so yours may be great. Just give it a try. If you have any other questions there are great people here to help you. And let us know about yours wines and your experience, where you are from, what you like to do, etc

Good to have you here..............RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Ramona,

Thanks for the welcome aboard.

I'm 25, married and I'm a quality technician for the Lozier Corporation. I work full time and go to college full time. I'm studying Industrial Electronics and Pre-Electrical Engineering at a local community college. I plan on transferring to UAH in Huntsville, AL to obtain my EE, electrical engineering, if everything goes as plans, LOL.

My wife works as a dental assistant through the week, she runs a mail route for the U.S. Postal Service on Saturdays, until she goes full time. My other hobbies are amateur radio and sports, BTW I love to eat and enjoy nice wines, LOL.

My wine experiences are somewhat limited. I've made a California Holiday Red kit wine as my first wine. It was okay but not the greatest. Recently I made 1 gallon each of some concentrated juice wines, 1 gallon Welch's concord, 1 gallon Welch's White Grape/Peach and 1 gallon of apple. My wife and I loved all three. She enjoyed the concord the most, so I've got a 6 gallon batch of concord going at the time. I like the Peach, it was excellent. Crisp and clear, I also sweetened quite a bit. Was very good, about $1.68 a can. I use 3 cans per gallon.

I've searched for Print Shop software online and I'm getting several different versions of software, I was wondering what version and what style you were using? I did a search on Walmart's website and they had like a Print Shop 20, deluxe, photo web publisher, etc. BTW, I'm located in Northeast Alabama, the name of the town is Section. About 30 minutes away, in Guntersville, there is a couple who have a 2 acre Muscadine farm, I'd love for that to be on our property! I'm in the process of trying to get some concord, white grape and muscadines growing here at home.

So, that's the scoop on us. Thanks again for such a warm welcome.

Muscadine

muscadine,

I have the Printshop Deluxe 21 version but I also have an older version and it is as good. If you haven't looked yet, George here at FVW has a great store with all kinds of wine kits and toys that you can order online and he will have them to you in no time. Great customer service too!!!!!

Ramona

Oh, and we like pictures!!!!!

Geeze Muscadine,

I'm exhausted just from reading your post! I think I should go have a glass of wine.

Once in a while we get tempted to start getting into label making, but we have our standard label that we use for all our wines, and sort of want to stick with that. This way it's easy for us to know it's one of our wines.
smiley2.gif
We're getting old and forget a lot of stuff.
smiley19.gif

Welcome Muscadine glad to have you aboard and as you can tell we have a very friendly group of wine makers here on the forum. You will find plenty of info and help here and please share you wine making experiences with us.

BTW we also love to eat good food and drink great wine...it is one of life's true pleasures that you can do at home with some time and effort.
smiley2.gif

Muscadine, welcome to the best darn wine making forum going. Lots of experience and talent here and they're all willing to share their knowledge.

Good food, great wine and lots of fun folks to share experiences with.

Let see, labels, well, there are as many ways to make a label as there are folks on this forum. You're limited only by your imagination. You can down load templates from online labels, Incor, you can start from scratch using Paint Shop Pro, Print Shop or any of the other programs out there. Welcome aboard and enjoy!
smiley32.gif

Muscadine,

Welcome to the best forum on the Internet. The people here are so knowledgeable,willing to help answer questions and cheer you on. I have learned so much here. I am still a newbie so I'm still learning.

I think Paint Shop or Paint Shop is one of the best programs, but I don't have it on my computer
smiley19.gif
so I have just been using Microsoft Word. If I don't find clip art I like I go to their website and pick out something, orIuse google and search images for pictures, but mostly I take my own.

Latest posts

Back