My little Riesling vine thinks it's Spring

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrisenhoover

Rookie
Reaction score
2012-12-10_7397a-2154.jpg

I rescued this little guy from Orchard Supply last summer and planted it while getting things ready for some more vines, this morning I noticed it's all budded out, it makes me wonder how my vines are going to grow here along the coast of California. I am from Oklahoma and haven't figured out how to grow stuff around here.

Looks good! On days like today where it's 31 degrees, it's nice to think that spring is only 4 months away.

Aren't they beautiful? I enjoy them from bud break to when the last leaf falls off. Not much to look at during the winter months though. Last winter, I planted some Concord seeds that came from SW Michigan and out of 8 or so, only one sprouted. It grew in a pot all summer and this fall, it lost its leaves and died off. When the weather started to turn cold, I brought it back inside, along with a new, small fig tree. This morning I noticed that they were both beginning to bud out again. This morning, it was 22 degrees here and it was nice to see a little green, especially when everything outside is dead and brown.

Back